Here is a sampling of what participants say about my classes, workshops and retreats:
- I learned to be more aware of what I was doing day to day. To stop and take time for myself. To enjoy the little things, the NOW moments with my kids. – Intro to Mindfulness
- This class gave me the tools to continue to practice and make mindfulness a part of my life. It has impacted the way I think about things and I will continue to grow with consistency. Highly recommend to anyone. [Taking] the class vs. trying to learn on my own was a must for me. To hold myself accountable and to share the journey with others really made a huge impact. – Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
- I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed the retreat on Saturday. Thank you so much for all the time and effort it took to put it on. Your attention to details, organization, and insight to what makes for a lovely day was very much noticed and appreciated!!! – Urban Refuge: A Mindfulness Day Retreat
- I am so grateful that I had the chance to take this mindful self-compassion course. The research the course is based on is sound and the corresponding practices are extremely effective and helpful to living a healthier life. The facilitators, Aimee Eckhardt and Dr. Tracy Ochester, provided a caring, professional and safe environment within which to learn and practice. Even though I feel I’ve just scratched the surface of my adventure into a life of mindful self compassion, I am already much more able to be a better friend to myself which has resulted in me experiencing a more content, peaceful and grounded life. I am a person who is beginning to understand how to give myself the care I need–and it shows in every aspect of my life -from my personal life to my work relationships and productivity. I think every person on this planet could benefit from the insights this course offers, but it is especially helpful to those of us who struggle to befriend ourselves but desire true connection and peace. – Mindful Self Compassion
- I enjoyed the retreat from beginning to end. It was a very peaceful day. I met some great people and learned some new skills. – Urban Refuge: A Mindfulness Day Retreat
- I have never been to yoga, couldn’t imagine meditation and I am hooked! Yoga Nidra is nothing short of life altering…thank you, thank you, thank you! Best hour in the last year and a half of my life! – Yoga Nidra
- Tracy is caring and supportive in her work. She is dedicated to providing a sacred space for growth. Come with an open heart and a dedicated spirit and you will grow deeper in your practice of self-care and contentment. – Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
- Thank you for the workshop last Saturday at Unity Village. The practices you shared were interesting, applicable, and practical… Your passion for your work brought me much joy… – Intro to Mindfulness Workshop
- Tracy expertly guides the class with gentleness and respect for each student. – Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
- I have very much enjoyed the sessions… you are an excellent guide and instructor… – Intro to Mindfulness
- I really enjoyed the mindful yoga class. Tracy is a great, compassionate teacher who instructs us of the importance of having self-compassion in our practice. She guides us in a series of gentle, mindful movements, which is ideal for the first-time beginner to the experienced yogi. I’m so glad I went. I left feeling at peace and refreshed! – Mindful Yoga
- By the time the class ended, I was relaxed. Most surprising was that my tight 50-year-old runner’s legs felt more elongated and flexible than they had in ages. Ochester said they’d get more and more so over time. Would I recommend this class? Yes. It’s the perfect introduction to both yoga and meditation. I definitely felt more mindful afterward. – from an article by Cynthia Billhartz Gregorian of the Kansas City Star. – Mindful Tune-Up
- MSC is powerful stuff for improving your inner voice. The environment in this class is completely safe and comforting. The three hours fly by. The lessons are life-changing. I began the class as a 3.5 self-compassion score and over the ten week period I grew in self-compassion to a 4.27. My husband jumped from a 1.39 to a 3.52! It doesn’t matter where you’re at when you come, you will leave more compassionate, and that’s a beautiful thing! And that’s just for starters, we now have the tools to continue the practice, and our self-compassion is only beginning to gain momentum. – Mindful Self Compassion
- I wanted to let you know how “right” everything was during the day. You did an excellent job of weaving the didactic/educational pieces with the practice. I appreciated the languaging you used for our lunch time… It really did give permission to do what was needed for oneself… the food was VERY good, healthy and tasty! It’s been interesting, as I left on Saturday and still today, I have felt it was enough. I know that sounds strange….but it was enough….I didn’t need more…I didn’t need less….it was, and still is, enough. – Urban Refuge: A Mindfulness Day Retreat
If you have participated in one of my classes or workshops, I’d love to hear about your experience. I am always refining my offerings in order to provide the greatest possible benefit, so participant input is invaluable. Please send me a note and let me know if I can share your observations with others.
The birds have vanished into the sky,
and now the last cloud drains away.
We sit together, the mountain and me,
until only the mountain remains.
– Li Po