Intro to Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) Daylong Retreat
Fee = $75
**Register at selfcompassionkc.com**
Does your harsh, inner self-critic make most of your decisions for you? Get a taste of the theory behind MSC, its concepts and practices through this daylong introductory retreat. You will walk away with some tools for befriending yourself and motivating yourself with kindness rather than punishment. This is also a great way to dip your toe in the water if you are considering taking the 9-week MSC course. The retreat is led by trained MSC Teacher, Aimee Eckhardt of Self Compassion KC, and Psychologist and Qualified MBCT Teacher, Tracy Ochester, PsyD of Clear Mind Open Heart, LLC. A healthy, organic vegetarian lunch is included with enrollment. Space is limited to 10 participants so advanced registration is required.
Urban Refuge ✜ Day Retreat: Mindful Self-Care for Caregivers & Everyone Who Cares
When: October 7th, 2017 8 am – 8 pm
Where: The Diastole Scholars’ Center – 2501 Holmes Street Kansas City, Missouri 64108
Join us at this beautiful Frank Lloyd Wright inspired, Asian themed oasis in the heart of the city for a day of rest, rejuvenation, nourishment and mindful self-care.
- Kirsty Arbon of HeartWorks Training and the Center for Mindful Self-Compassion, will teach us self-compassion and caregiver tools for emotional resilience.
- Lynn Rossy, PhD, developer of the Eat for Life program, will guide us in nourishing our bodies and minds with mindful eating.
- A healthy vegetarian lunch and dinner will be provided.
- Walk the Japanese gardens or practice guided mindful movement/meditation between sessions.
- End the day with the indigenous sounds of Bolivian musical talent, Amado Espinoza.
This event is suitable for anyone interested in mindfulness and self-compassion for self-care, but is especially well suited for those who are caring for others such as parents, people assisting ailing loved ones, teachers, mentors and coaches, child and eldercare workers, mindfulness professionals and practitioners, health care providers, and other helping professionals. Up to 6 CEUs are available for KS & MO mental health professionals.
Click here for more details.
The practice of all the bodhisattvas is to leave behind one’s homeland,
Where our attachment to family and friends overwhelms us like a torrent,
While our aversion towards enemies rages inside us like a blazing fire,
And delusion’s darkness obscures what must be adopted and abandoned.
– Gyalse Tokme Zangpo, The Thirty-Seven Practices of All the Bodhisattvas